Important Bank Check Fraud Alert
Power Financial Credit Union is committed to protecting our members against fraud. Contact us for more information.
Privacy & Security Info
- Online Banking Security Alert
- Home Depot Security Breach
- Important Monthly Statement Privacy Enhancement
- The 'Bash Bug' AKA the 'ShellShock Bug'
- Consumer Alert: Unauthorized Use of OFR Information and Branding
- Privacy & Security
- Phishing and Identity Theft
- Unaffiliated Companies
- Vishing Scam Alert
- Important Bank Check Fraud Alert
- Michael's Art Supplies and Neiman Marcus Security Breach
Be aware – cashiers check fraud!
We have been notified that fraudulent Power Financial Credit Union Cashier’s Checks are being used in a fraud scheme. The checks are being used in various schemes such as secret shopper programs, compensation for the placement of advertising on the check recipient’s car, etc. In several reported cases, the check arrives without any prior notification to the recipient. The check recipient then receives an email with the instructions to follow in order to receive the proceeds from the check. Some of these schemes even involve using package delivery services such as USPS Priority Mail complete with tracking numbers when receiving the checks. Unless you have specifically requested a cashier’s check from us, or have received a cashier’s check at one of our branch locations, do not attempt to negotiate these checks. For more information about how to protect yourself from Cashier’s Check Fraud, please visit the FTC website by clicking here.